As a reusable shopping bag wholesaler, we understand the importance of providing sustainable alternatives to traditional plastic bags. That’s why we’re excited to offer biodegradable PLA shopping bags as a solution for eco-friendly living.
What is PLA?
PLA, or polylactic acid, is a biodegradable and compostable thermoplastic made from renewable resources like corn starch or sugarcane. Unlike traditional plastic bags, which can take hundreds of years to decompose, PLA bags will break down in a matter of months under the right conditions.
Benefits of Biodegradable PLA Shopping Bags
Using biodegradable PLA shopping bags instead of traditional plastic bags has many benefits for both consumers and the environment. Here are just a few:
- Eco-friendly: PLA bags are made from renewable resources and will break down into natural materials, making them a sustainable alternative to traditional plastic bags.
- Durable: Despite being biodegradable, PLA bags are still strong and durable, making them a reliable option for carrying groceries and other items.
- Versatile: PLA bags come in a variety of sizes and styles, including tote bags, produce bags, and even trash bags.
- Cost-effective: While PLA bags may be slightly more expensive than traditional plastic bags, their durability and reusability make them cost-effective in the long run.
- Customizable: Like our other reusable bags, PLA bags can be customized with your company’s logo or design, making them a great option for businesses looking to promote eco-friendliness.
How to Dispose of Biodegradable PLA Shopping Bags
While biodegradable PLA shopping bags will break down over time, it’s important to dispose of them properly to ensure they don’t end up in landfills or oceans. Here are a few tips:
- Composting: If you have access to a composting facility, you can add your biodegradable PLA bags to the compost pile. They will break down along with other organic materials.
- Recycling: While PLA bags can technically be recycled, not all recycling facilities are equipped to handle them. Check with your local recycling program to see if they accept PLA bags.
- Landfills: If you don’t have access to composting or recycling facilities, you can still dispose of your PLA bags in the trash. While they may not break down as quickly in a landfill, they will eventually decompose.
As a reusable shopping bag wholesaler, we’re committed to providing sustainable alternatives to traditional plastic bags. Biodegradable PLA shopping bags are just one of the many eco-friendly options we offer. By making the switch to biodegradable PLA bags, you can help reduce the amount of plastic waste in the environment and promote sustainable living.
What is PLA?
PLA (polylactic acid) is a biodegradable and compostable plant-based material made from renewable resources such as cornstarch or sugar cane. It is a sustainable alternative to traditional petroleum-based plastics.
How long does it take for PLA bags to biodegrade?
PLA bags typically break down within 3 to 6 months in industrial composting facilities. In home composting conditions, it may take up to a year for the bags to fully biodegrade.
Can I recycle PLA bags?
Most recycling facilities do not accept PLA bags because they require a different process than traditional plastic recycling. However, some facilities are equipped to handle PLA recycling. It is important to check with your local recycling center to see if they accept PLA materials. If not, it is best to dispose of the bags in an industrial composting facility or in a landfill where they will eventually break down.